I am starting to look for a new roommate and don’t want to have to resort to the Reader or Craigslist (sorry Craig, I will if it takes another week or two, promise), at least not yet. My roommate has decided to move out and I am too in love with my apartment to move out–so please help me with my roommate search.
My goal is to find another guy to live with who is a friend of a friend. Sound weird? A friend of a friend keeps me assured that they are good people (otherwise you wouldn’t be friends with them) but keeps me from chancing ruining a friendship over roommate stuff. And a guy–well, most of you have heard my nightmare roommate stories and the guys are usually less a nightmare than the girls I’ve lived with.
Things to know and tell your friend.
1. I have a cat and will soon have a second.
2. It is a two bedroom in Ravenswood.
3. Nicely located near the Damen stop of the Brown Line and the Ravenswood stop of the Metra.
4. Split rent ($500 each), gas, electricity, phone & DSL. I don’t have cable, but would be open to sharing the cost if he must have it. Otherwise, once Scott moves out, I won’t have a TV either.
5. Large apartment, hardwood floors, kitchen, dining, living, bath, pantry, and a porch.
6. Available 5/1 or 6/1–there is some flexibility as to when my current roomie moves out. 6/1 move in will leave 11 months on the lease for new roomie.
7. Yes, it’s true. Old roomie and I had a roommate contract a l