- Just over a week ago, I said outloud that I wanted a bit more on my plate at work. I got it in buckets. My to do list is an amazingly diverse group of research topics. So diverse that if the FBI or CIA or Homeland Security sees it, I’ll probably land in jail. It’ll be Phil’s fault if I do, he keeps greenlighting projects.
- In under 5 minutes on the phone today, Rabbi Z totally blew my mind. I thought I knew what my nice, simple d’var was going to be and now I am mind blown. I don’t want to give it away before I give it, but the Torah is never as simple as we think the first few times around, now is it?
- Damn you, JDate. You and your, “You have a message” emails. I said when it got up to 5 unread messages I would pay and today it got to 7. And the 7th was a guy I used to know doing comedy. So I paid the damn $35. Of those 7, 4 were lame “flirts” that say nothing and the emails? All less than 5 words long. PEOPLE! MEN! JEWISH MEN IN PARTICULAR! If you are paying $35 a MONTH, don’t waste my time with three word emails. Find me on Craigslist and write me there. Sigh.
- I went to the gym this morning and have drank enough water. I realized that I don’t need to beat myself up over that Veggie Burger yesterday, points reset tomorrow and then the program starts for realz.
- 25 days and counting. If you need me, I’ll be listening to my second aliyah while I do everything for the next 6 days. If anyone else is going to sign up for an adult bar or bat mitzvah, pick an easier Torah portion. Sheesh.