After talking about all the things Jdate could do to improve the site and trying to use Twitter as a way to introduce my single friends to each other, it has come to this. I’m going to try to build a better dating site. Of course, I’m not doing this alone, but with the prodding and technical support of the Edgar of all Trades and the design support of @ezrabutler.
The current thought is that it will be a blog and will feature only singles that I know. I won’t screen the people who answer the ads, but can say that the singles will be awesome people who are looking for real relationships. I do this knowing, in reality, I’m a terrible romantic matchmaker. Excellent at business matchmaking, but terrible at love.
It’s an experiment, what can I say. It won’t be limited to geography or religion or gender or sexuality. We’ll find a way to keep it semi-anonymous for folks who aren’t as into social media as I am, but I think it could be fun.
Anywho, these are the questions that I’m thinking about having people answer. I’m taking suggestions, because this is clearly a list of things that are important to me and might not be important to all daters.
- An introduction by Leah:
- Basics, please. (Age, looking for a man or woman, geography, how serious a thing are you looking for)
- What do you do when you aren’t doing what you do?
- What is your spiritual/religious outlook and how would you like your partner’s to match?
- Why did you choose the photo we’re using today? What’s the story behind it?
- Describe your ideal day five years from now.
- What was great about your last relationship?
- What do you find funny? What is the last thing that made you laugh so hard that your drink came out your nose?
- Are you friends with any of your exes?
- How do you take your coffee? How do you take your eggs? Do you want ice in your water?
- Without stalking you, where on the web can someone learn a bit more about you?
- How should someone get in touch with you?
So those are my thoughts, what would you add to the list?