Time has been flying by lately and I’ve barely been able to keep up with my online life as I’ve been getting Natiiv Arts & Media up and running. Want to know where I’m at?
- The LLC papers are on the way, so soon I’ll be able to open a bank account and start up my payroll. I went with an LLC instead of collecting a bunch of 1099s at the end of the year, because I want to focus on growing a business that might have employees some day.
- My friend Idan continues to be amazing. Not only did he come up with the name and logo, he is doing my site design. He’s offering a ton of really great business advice along the way and my site is going to kick ass. It won’t just be pretty, but it will also have something for new and existing clients.
- I have clients! I’m currently working with the bands I Fight Dragons and Stereo Sinai, Joel the composer and sound designer from Waveplant Studios, psychic and healer Billy Pacholski, and I continue to work with Amy Guth (which I’ve been doing for two years.) If you are a musician, writer, artist and looking for social media coaching, then please drop me a line and I’ll send you my rate card.
- I am also partnering with small agencies that don’t have social media expertise in-house, offering lunch & learns for small offices who want their staff to get up to speed on different sites or looking for help pitching new business. Again, if you are looking for this sort of thing for your staff, please drop me a note and I’ll send you a proposal and my consulting rates.
- I am also reaching out to local theaters (after being contacted by one this morning) because I’m not limiting myself to musicians, writers and artists. What interests me is how individuals and small organizations can use social media tools as part of their marketing mix.
- I spoke at DePaul last week and will be speaking at Medill this week. If you are interested in having me speak to a class or organization, please ask and we can find something that works.
- Yes, I’ll be at SXSWi! I am looking forward to catching up with people that I haven’t seen since BlogHer and BlogOrlando. I’m not on any panels this year, but it doesn’t mean I won’t be speaking up from time to time.
I think that’s where I’m at right now. I’m loving running my own company and grateful for the support I’m getting. My friend Scott F Murphy gets a special thank you for being my IT guy and making things like email work.