I keep thinking that I should write an epic post to celebrate my blog turning 10. This started as a temporary letter home from London, became a daily writing habit, morphed into a career, slowed to an occasional writing habit, and a public archive of a decade of my life. Though as I got older, I wrote less and less publicly about my inner life, so it’s a very public archive of my late twenties and the highlights of my early thirties.
Every time I try to start, I don’t get very far… here’s an incomplete list of the blog posts I would write for you, if I still had the energy to write long blog posts.
- Internet friends are real friends
- Offline friends are real friends, too
- I finally understand why Ave Maria makes my mom cry. Spoiler alert: pediatric cancer
- No, you aren’t the only person who [fill in the blank]
- 17 reasons why Candy Crush is better than Angry Birds
- How a cynical single learned to love weddings
- Serendipity is lovely and the world is full of it
- Go out on a limb, your friends will catch you… or they won’t and you’ll catch yourself
- Owning a condo: the best worst thing you’ll ever do
- Yes, it’s dangerous, but it is so damn fun
- Hey, I knew that guy before he was famous. I’m not famous. Oops
- Eight reasons I’m going to Israel on vacation (again) when there is so much of the world for me to see
- More rules about business travel
- The West Wing: Greatest series ever?
- Doctor Who: Greatest series ever?
- The Wire: Greatest series ever?
- Friday Night Lights: Greatest series ever?
- Table runners matter and 13 lessons I’ve learned hosting parties in my 30s